Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Prim and Proper


It's been a tough day in my real world and now I find the M-W.com (dictionary) is no longer free (sigh). The long list of tiny things going wrong could fill a few screens (well not really but it feels like it). On the PLUS side there was the great hair of the morning :D

I worked in a couple of the shops today adding inventory or props depending on how the currency and permissions issues play out. Either is OK with me I guess. Then late in the afternoon I asked myself what would make me feel BETTER with the day and found that making some jewelry for the heretofore empty cottage would do the trick. It did. It was fun and it was EASY - primarily because of that .001 option in the size parameters. YEAH! BIG YEAH!

So I have three nice pairs of fairly simple loop earrings -- one with amber stones and I'll make some other versions. All that and a couple of coincidences led me to this post. Here's the skinny.

I decided that it would be safer to have items IN world rather than just in my inventory. This from the latest database meltdown which we are still hoping gets rectified. I didn't lose any of my in world objects other than some missing poses in a daybed. So that was good news.

After making up the earrings and placing them on a "black velvet jewelry tray" -- well we can imagine it as that -- I decided some cute little jewelry boxes would add a nice touch to the shop in progress. So, with those .001 measurements ringing in my brain, I made some very delicate boxes. I didn't worry about prims. Prims are not an issue.

Then this eve as I was perusing the fashion feed at Phil's -- an activity that is happening less often these days -- I noticed some VERY cute boxes from Curious Kitty. They were ONE PRIM sculpty boxes for gift giving (or for decoration as I have sold a lot of boxes for that in the past). They are so cute. And then I took a pause and thought, "but prims don't matter here". HOORAY!


So I just wanted to remind myself -- down the road in space and time -- what the thrill of not having to worry about those prims felt like. It felt GOOD!

And now Sam has some earrings to go with her new hair. It will be lots of fun creating jewelry here. I don't really like super delicate things, but I do like some accessories from time to time. And the real world is a better and happier place with Sam (and Samara) happier too. LOL

No comments: