Monday, December 15, 2008

Loop Rez - Where ARE You?

It's the day after the update and some things are OK and others? Not so much. We'll see what we see. My script engine is still down. Seems like many are so most likely they all need to be fixed. I lost one texture on one prim which I fixed but no other major damage that I can see. My ugly fall trees came back AGAIN and I deleted them from the trash this time. Eventually I'll get rid of them I guess.

The borders are a bit spongy -- not dropping down but walking into jello spongy. Thing seem to be loading slower but that could be a cache issue. We'll see when I return. MEANWHILE, it's been a busy day.


I tackled prims skirts today. I've been dreading it, but it had to be done -- or rephotograph a lot of vendors and that wasn't high on my priority list either. So I got Samara high in the air in Gembong and Sam high in the air in Fantastic and they remade a skirt.

Now for some reason I thought that being at 100 X, Y an Z would make things easier. It didn't. So all you really need to do when copying over something complex is be at the SAME coordinates in both worlds. It all worked fine and honestly since it took me forever to get the Loop Rez skirt in the first place I actually took less time with this I think :D

Building Tip:

When copying over a complex object that has to be EXACT from one world to another, simply go to the same x,y,z positions in a sim (sandboxes on either end or both would work fine) and make the item over piece by piece matching ALL the fields. Linking with the same root prim is probably optional but in the case of a skirt, important as the root prim has to do with alignment when fitting.


And SO, Sam (and Samara) now have skirts! Well honestly they probably don't care much as neither are skirt gals.


I also made two basic (no scripts) photo studios and put them in the animations shop. And I made the first vendor for the poses. Since I'm working with the "less scripting is better" ethic, I have named each pose by number and people will be able to purchase from a numbered vendor. This of course assumes that script engines are up so that they can cycle through the poses.

I just couldn't make myself do the posters with ALL the poses in one. They always have seemed distracting to me -- too much on one poster. So my plan is to pick out a couple of my favorites from the set and highlight those. We'll see if that is practical.

Anyway I'm happy with how all of today's projects turned out.

I also dismantled my skybox in Gembong and took most of my personal items back into inventory. So moving on is definitely in the wind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such great ideas for across world building. First the opening two windows for the shapes (I took pen to paper so I had a whole DOH moment when I saw your post) and now the getting to same cords in both worlds.

I did however set my shape up on my standalone using your method. Let me tell you.. it made a WORLD of difference. :D

Samara Kasshiki said...

Thanks :D That's why the tag line of the blog is "SIMPLIFYING Location" to Openlife (big wink). Glad to be of service.