Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shops for Free


The Village Shops at Sam's Place are about ready. OLG is not however (big wink). Still it's looking pretty lonely on those streets and I'd like to see some STUFF in there. A whole sim is a lot to fill when you are building from scratch and there are only so many hours of the day.

SOOOOOOOOO - I woke up this morning in my corporeal world wondering what a plan might be. People are dropping in daily and asking me when they can buy things. This is a good sign I think and hopefully they will return when they CAN buy -- when permissions and credits are in place. Groups too -- / me keeping fingers crossed.

So here is my temporary offer for anyone who is feeling a bit antsy and wants to get their feet wet in Openlife. You don't have to be NEW, but you do need to be "landless" :D

There are eleven village shops and three village apartments. Most of them are completed and available for occupants. Since this is MAINLAND (a good thing in the long run I think but there are few land tools and no groups right now) even placing objects can be problematic. STILL, letting people see what you will be selling or offering when the time comes seems like a win win situation.

So until mainland rentals become a viable option, I am offering shop spaces as well as two apartments for free. Free is good :D



Here is how it works.

Come to the FANTASTIC sim of FANTASTIC and look around the village shops. There are several styles, some larger than others, some with display windows, some with access to the road to Nara. There are currently two shops that have apartments above. My plan is to rent these to the same people so you live above your work. They are furnished. You can reserve -- so to speak -- your future spot, have your sign out and a few empty vendors showing the goods you will sell. This will let people that are roaming around bookmark your shop so that they can find it when they CAN shop.



About the future of the Village Shops:

When the shops become viable, I plan to rent them at a medium to low market rate. It is not my intent to make a bunch of money on these, I want the shops there for ambiance as much as anything. I believe in small footprints on the land -- in real life as well as virtual. So Fantastic will only have basic scripting as Openlife grows. This is not a spot for high powered, complex goods. Think of it AS a village. Small, intimate, friendly and hopefully accessible.

Since prims are not a huge issue here, I am thinking that 400 per shop should suffice. So, you could put out a real example of a sculpty shoe, but not that 350 prim necklace :D. The apartments (there will eventually be three available) are furnished but those renting the shop - apartment duo will get extra prims for their own accessories. The rates for those duo rentals will be double the shop only rentals.

Currently, I would really like people who want these shops to be making goods IN Openlife (not imports). That is just part of my ethic and it may not work, but priority will certainly be given to those people.

No comments: