Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Prim at a Time


My sim was down this morning. Yes, please DO come visit but don't try TPing out as it most often kills the sim. Passing that info around will keep the grid up longer. When you attempt to TP to a sim that isn't online it often kills the region you are in. :D That will change eventually of course. Meanwhile as I waited for restart I worked on some hair.

Girls are vain and most often we are vain about hair! So it's no surprise that our avatars are just as wound up in those shiny locks.

Since I am still missing version 2 of my hair in the inventory meltdown, I decided that a good perk me up would be some nice new and different hair.

I patterned this after a few of my favorite styles. It still isn't flexi and that might be a good thing as flexi and transparency both add to our avatar rendering costs. I do love the color and texture and by the time I was finished I was a happy gal with a new do.

Building tip:

When remaking, adding too, adjusting any complex object I find it works best to do it a prim at a time. So in this project I unlinked the bun (a torus shape I knew I was going to be using a lot on the remake version) and made a copy. I then placed the bun in its new position, made a copy of the already textured prim and changed that new prim to be the next prim in the series. I linked as I went a long -- one at a time or sometimes two or three in series (still linking one prim to the main linked object) as I worked. I took copies often as I was in the sandbox and that is always a bit tricky. I fit the hair as I went along also and then worked on the last saved shape, deleting the old one from the work area.




I have never made hair before and I can't say I love it, but I am happy with my hair. I like the unevenness of the design and it is nice to have something that is definitely unique.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great!

Can I have a bottle of your talent to go, please?

Samara Kasshiki said...

Only if you chase it down with a big gulp of compulsion! :D

Thanks for the notes.