Thursday, December 11, 2008

Drama Be Damned :D

So, I finally hit a wall over all the complaining of the SL folks that are joining Openlife and I wrote this post as an answer to people who somehow seemed to believe we, in Openlife, should be on SL time. I will either be hated or applauded for this, and honestly I don't care. It amazes me sometimes that people just don't seem to "get it". Sure that is MY perspective. Doesn't need to be yours. Here is my reply:

OK. I'm going to play "devil's advocate" here simply because I seem to be in a feisty mood this eve and also because people stop by my sim and seem to think I SHOULD say what I think _ LOL. So, here it is. No apologies.

WHY should we think that the folks on the OpenlifeGrid actually WANT us SL folks? I am THRILLED they took me. I am HAPPY I got here before the real rush. I am GRATEFUL to be here at the beginning when things are happening and history is beging made.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST LET THINGS HAPPEN AND BE HAPPY WITH THAT?!?!? Yes, I know I am yelling. I honestly get pretty tired of SL people (and yes I am one in practice if not in spirit) giving their lists of wants/needs/must haves/demands. This was NOT our world from the beginning. WE JOINED IT! We can make a difference, certainly, but the world doesn't need to CHANGE for us -- we should adapt to it.

That's my belief. Others can have their own. Those who stay will make the difference.

No comments: