Monday, December 29, 2008

All in the Details


I'm a big believer in details. A great mountain cabin is a lovely thing, but without that bearskin (fake of course) rug, cozy plaid couch and hot steaming coffee, it is just a building.

So after finishing up the sectionals today and making a few more animations, I decided to work on some details for the decor - accessories shop and of course for ME.

I love magazines as accessories, but most of the ones floating around Phil's were VERY much copyright infringement. I mean you can't just grab a copy of a cover of "Sunset" or "Sailing" or "Cooking Light" and put it on a prim. A no-no for sure. AND, this is a virtual world so we need virtual magazines :D

So, when my DSL folks called to say they were turning me off for a bit too see if they could really get my speed up to the 13mps they promised, I opened up my graphics program and went to work. I got permission from one of my iheartsl.com sisters and took some pics from her prolific blog and made them into magazine covers. So, no, they aren't really OL magazines. That will come later, but they ARE virtual and they are legal. Both things count in my book. They also have very nice back covers if you flip them over and appropriate spines.

So that's the news of today.

No comments: