Sunday, January 11, 2009

Aloneness - The Empty Map


I don't spend a lot of time gazing at the map of the world, but I was having trouble teleporting and so I thought I would type in the coordinates and see if that helped. It didn't, but in the process I noticed that Nara was EMPTY.

I got Samara into Phil's and contacted Eku there. Long conversation which was private, but she is sadly gone -- at least for awhile. People are coming and going and I suspect that is normal. It's sad to see people that you are used to talking with leave. Even if you aren't the very best of friends, they are part of your virtual landscape.

Take away the people and the world isn't very exciting. Take away the trees and the vista is oftentimes harsh. Take away the oceans and rivers and there is no blue to meet the sky. We are all a part of the world. It hurts to lose a piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear you lost your neighbor. :(

I have received pms from others too. It is never good to lose a friend, especially in a new world.

*offers a virtual hug*

Samara Kasshiki said...

Virtual hug gladly accepted. Still a little sad. Things feel a bit off center today. Hopefully that will pass.

All my best.