Sunday, January 18, 2009

Biosphere Stage 2

I worked on the inside of the biosphere today which was a lot of fun. I am very happy with the corridor floors which are layered. I may make some special textures with shadows and light to add to that later, but for now it is fine.

The corridor beyond the doors is very wide and suitable for a variety of uses. I haven't decided really what they might be, but I'll figure that out.


The observation pod is close to finished. The new teleporter needs to be installed and tested, but with teleports still causing crashes, the actual use most likely won't be happening soon.

Until then I have the dome up above open and I can of course move the glass globe down if needed.

The biosphere was purposefully placed at a low altitude so there would be more atmosphere. It seemed fairly boring up really high. That may change of course, but for now, I like the clouds and the sun. You can see the ground below and the sky is fairly clear of building platforms at the level I am on.



There are lounge chairs with animations in the observation pod. The stars are lovely at night. The building platform will not be in evidence when I am done of course.

Actually I have a pretty cool plan for the area around the biosphere. Will see if the building tools and I can get it accomplished -- with the help of my graphics program and some particle scripts.

That may be in the works for tomorrow -- or not.

It was good to get back to Fantastic after almost two days. The sandbox is good but there is only so much you can do there. And there is always the chance that you won't be able to get back to retrieve your build if you crash. Linking is handy for partial builds, we know that -- but not so good HERE yet.

No comments: