Friday, January 9, 2009

Building Big


There is a certain thrill that the building of giant things gives you. There is a new skill set involved -- or a least a modification. Building a 90 meter environmental pod 600 meters above the ground is not the same as building multi-primed high detailed jewelry. Each experience contains its own reward.

I remember the first time I moved a skybox up into the atmosphere. That must be 2.25 virtual years or so. It was HARD. I did the drag it up and fly a bit deal and managed to get it to 250 meters or somewhere around there. Now we can be at 4000. The air seems a bit thin up there for me though. I like being able to look down at the ground if I choose. So the biosphere is about 600 meters up. Not point in keeping that a secret; it's a bit big to hide.


So I added a bit more this morning. That circular finial at the bottom is actually a viewing pod. From the inside it is clear. It is small and it is tricky to work in there. And, if you notice, I don't feel all that secure working without a net so to speak, so I left my building platform up while I am working. Nice to be able to stand on "terra firma" while gazing up at that huge torus - LOL

No comments: