Thursday, January 8, 2009

Inventory Safekeeping


We all hate to lose inventory. I have to admit that people -- at least those that write in the forums -- seem to be working on keeping a better handle on theirs. We can only do so much of course and clothes and shapes and skins and textures are simply not "solid" in our virtual worlds.

What we can do -- and what many are doing now after the December mishap (still possibly rectifiable but personally I have little hope) is to rez our products and keepsakes. Store owners don't really have a problem with this. We have stores after all. We can put our goods out and keep them safe. But sometimes we have personal prims -- things that are not products, things that are simply OURS.

Well, hey. This is our world and we have tons of prims. So, I am doing just what I would do in real life -- and in effect it is giving my apartment a more lived in look. I now have wig stands for hair #1 and #3 (#2 went into database lalaland). I also have some shipping boxes full of odds and ends and today I put out my new boots.

It's fun to see things out and about. And hopefully, it will help keep things a bit safer.

No comments: