Sunday, January 4, 2009

Two Months in Fantastic


Statistics:

Prims used: 8460 (up from 4199)
Monetary System: no
Groups: no
Player: R 16-2

In Review:

It's a lot greener in Fantastic this month with more trees and lots of new grass. Only one new building was added -- a Homestyles store. The shoe store is still in the sim, the draw distance can't quite get everything in :D

Most of the month has been spent filling up stores in the village as well as the home and garden store. That is coming along well. I have been working on a bit of everything and not really concentrating on finishing any area.

Yesterday I made a great waterfall environment which I am happy with. My apartment is getting furnished little by little with things I make for it and the other apartments going in various stores. I've turned one of the shop buildings into a store room which I think it quite fun.

New items added this month included light sculpture lights, jewelry (much fun) and a prim florist area. I made couches and chairs and dining room furniture as well as remaking a couple of my best selling items from Phil's. The new models are much better and that works for me. There is the beginning of an art gallery and the start of a lounge on the rooftop at The Art Experience.

I have to say -- just so I'll have an historical record -- that my heart is a bit heavier this anniversary. We had a major database loss a couple of weeks ago, a lot of down time with not to be seen improvements. There may be improvements, but things pretty much seem worse except for the teleporting which may be fixed now. I've had problems I never had before and some of the old hole in the ground issues are very prevalent. This may all get fixed with a patch. I hope so.

So I am working along, perhaps not at a frenzied pace. I found a large problem with permissions today for shapes. I'm not sure if that will be fixed, but I am not making over a couple dozen shapes no matter what kind of great compliments I am getting from window shoppers (wink). Not fun and if someone can make a copy and put their name on it SO easily, there is simply no point.

That's the world of Fantastic at the two month point. Onward.

No comments: