Monday, November 24, 2008

1,000 Prims of Flowers



Think about it. We each have 45,000 prims per sim to work with. I couldn't get much work done today as the assert servers were on a very long lunch break. No shoes, no hair, no hair in the making, no pose stand poses to work on hair just sitting there (tricky but possible) -- you get the idea.

So what can you do when you can't get into your virtual closet / garage? You can GARDEN. I had the beginnings of a park in place. I'd abandoned it for other projects somewhere along the way. So I was building hair there today as it is quite pastoral even though not finished. It's a little bit of GREEN anyway in all that gray granite and deco pink plaster.

After looking at the Blender 3D tutorials and thinking that seemed WAY too much like work for me, I logged back in and decided to improve the park space. I copied over some long leaves I had made the other day -- no taking into inventory as inventory was out of the question. So I used my arrow keys to lug them across most of a sim -- bit by bit. It works!

After a lot of selective copying and dragging I have filled the large planters that abut the park. Just how many prims are in those lovelies? About 750. When you count the rest of the park -- and the rest of what I'm going to put IN the park, we are looking at 1,000 prims I suspect.

What better way to spend your prims than on flowers?

No comments: