Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Village: A Beginning


So what do you do with (almost) unlimited prims. Well ya BUILD of course. And I decided to build a village. I started with a central park as green space is always a good thing. This area is in a "tree" bagua -- feng shui wise so I wanted lots of growing things and trees. I made some circular flexi grasses and added some more of my homemade flowers. A cobblestone walkway adds a bit of an old fashion feel. I've made two shops and an apartment so far. I built the steps you see in the background out of real prims and there are MANY.

I've always been a big believer in details so the the signs hanging for the shops have real chain, the streetlight of course gives real light and the shutters in house number two -- the small one -- are part way open and you can see curtains though the gap. All fun little bits of reality in our not exactly real world.

I have no idea how the village will evolve. That's not really the point. The point is to play and that I am doing. The village adjoins the main park and is bordered on the other side by the huge pond and trees. So it is cozy -- at least as cozy as a village within a "city" with both shops and houses can be.

No comments: