Saturday, November 22, 2008

Work Ethic Workbench


I've had my region two and a half weeks now. Of course I did some building on the sandbox before then. Still, it was REALLY good to get my workshop more or less finished today. I so love the details. Getting over that "save a prim whenever you can" code and this is good in the land of plenty. I even made REAL thumb tacks for my cork board and have flexi leather swatches dangling. Some sketches add some interest. And boxes of course, shipping and shoe -- you can't have a shoe store without boxes. Mine are ALL made with recycled paper of course.

I finished this area today or at least will be stopping for awhile and see what evolves -- because textures weren't sticking for me. Black shoes became red again in inventory. Scripts not working on the sim but animations still are. So, I got to play.

I was thinking today how much fun I am having here. Partly because it is new of course. I had a lot of fun times in building classes at Phil's when I was learning. FRUSTRATING as even with all my background in graphics and multimedia and the web, somehow building really evaded my grasp. Brain synapses just weren't firing fast enough (sigh). But most of that is under my belt now and so I really can PLAY and that is great. And being able to upload for free -- for awhile at least-- let's me feel I can do more with my graphics. No need to cut corners with textures either. A win - win situation.

TIP: I found today that I could not shrink my tack down below the .o1 barrier. This might be a "today" thing or not. Only more investigation will tell. I'll keep ya posted. I COULD make it smaller. I just had to do it using Edit Linked Parts.

A not too close neighbor came by to visit just now. He spoke Spanish. I am getting a lot of Spanish practice in here and doing fairly well amazingly enough. It's been a long time since I traveled the winters in Mexico :D. It was a fairly humorous conversation as he is a builder and rents casitas (houses) and also has castillos (castles) for sale that he has brought over using SI. So if you read this blog very much you see the humor there. I told him I preferred to work with my hands making things here (wink). And since he couldn't sell me a castle he journeyed onward. It really IS great how people just stop by.

Oh, I forgot to put my new sign up for the Art Center --- can I get back in? We'll see. Yep. I did. New signs. Looks good.

Until tomorrow.

No comments: