Friday, November 21, 2008

Hammering on the OLG


It's been a busy afternoon on the OLG for me. While it wasn't as SMOOOOOTH as yesterday -- read that as quite a few crashes but getting back on was easy (whew) -- I did manage to get a lot done. Mortus solved my invisiprim problem. I'm not sure if it was the 2004 code (old / simple things work better here it seems) or simply WAITING for the server to find that mysterious graphic referenced in the lines of LSL. Whatever the outcome, I have HEELS!

Now I don't particularly love heels, but other gals do and we all like to feel pretty and comfortable. The definition of comfortable simply varies.



Here is the prim shoe (no sculpties as I don't do that) showing the invisiprims. There are three in all and I added the scripts AFTER I had completely linked the shoe. So it's good to know that's possible. At least TODAY it was (wink). They are simple, classic and 22 prims as I do believe that low prim garb is best in a new world. The metal details were made using the TINY prim possibilities in OL. That was VERY cool




Not everything always goes smoothly when you are building. I crashed in that OhI'mNOTReallyHereEvenThoughItSeemsLike it mode to find all my fitting work on shoe 2 was gone and it was sitting on my shoulder. Ah well, one more time. I now have ONE pair of heels and making the other colors is just time and energy. Yeah.





To celebrate I made a hammer for my workbench. It's important to PLAY a bit. All work and all that jazz. BAD BAD BAD. I can go there. Don't want to do that.

So -- the plan is to have a hammering animation and a hammer and shoes and boxes and all in the work corner of my shoe shop. Ah those unlimited prims. WOOT! So I started with the hammer. I normally build things the size they will be. Once you've done shoes and jewelry, making a life sized hammer is NOT a big deal. But to demonstrate that you CAN make items large and then shrink (except perhaps for those mini prims and the giant revert mentioned in the giant Shuz post) it works.

I also decided to start a section with building tips and things. Nothing formal, just taking pictures as I work. That might help the new builders along the way. No one is very enthused about my Community Region School project so every little bit of help is good.

The hammer shrank beautifully and is now on the work table with some shoes. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some boxes and crates made for effect. And some more shoes of course.

Note: Today I tried the Edit Linked Prims feature while my shoe was on my foot. It worked just as it should. So that other repeatable fiasco (in two sims) must have been a server code oops or something techie. Glad it isn't the norm. Trying a NEW shoe each time you make an adjustment is indeed a pain.

On the history front, the art center is coming along well and I put up the new Made in The OLG signs with hammer in the shoe and skins shops. Me likey! The hammer sort of says it all I think. Working with your hands on the grid. Works for me.

No comments: