Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time Out for Philosophy

Sometimes the things that seem most problematic turn out to be better for us than we expected. First of all, OL has no currency. We may get currency by mid December. We don't know that for sure though. Then we have that pesky -- may have been fixed but no official announcement so far -- permissions problem; so selling or giving away anything could come with a full perms copy of our items on other grids thanks to Second Inventory.

Some people are in limbo right now -- waiting and wondering what the future will bring. Some are worrying. Real life isn't too helpful at the present time either with the worldwide economy moving quickly into a dark era.

That's all true. BUT, at the same time, all those difficulties have given me something important -- TIME. Yes, there is rent to pay still and yes it will be coming out of pocket rather than being offset by any possible profits. I had a bit of ironic wisdom a couple of decades ago that I said quite often. "We either have time, or we have money." That was very true then and it is somewhat true now.

I am grateful, really, for the problems -- at least in one sense. There is absolutely no pressure to get all the vendors in the stores and the items in the vendors. I can play with decorations, work on animations one day and hair the other, and earrings (well I HAD to cover my ears with something) in between. With no deadline, there is the luxury of simply creating.

And I like that.

No comments: