Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Land - Woot!


Well my first land in OL is definitely different than my first little 512 at Phil's over two years ago. Both held the same excitement though. And actually the energy in the neighborhood was even similar. Lots of camaraderie, lots of "how do I do that" comments and the like.


A whole sim is a lot of land. Funny that by the end of the day it didn't seem so vast as at the beginning. I haven't had time -- well I simply had different priorities -- to fiddle with my Windlight settings so these shots are simply for historical reference. No lovely sunsets over the kiosk - LOL or anything like that.

They'll do.



It was a good day. I learned quite a bit about the difference in the physics here, learned how to jump aboard a wayward mega prim and ride it across the landscape. I discovered that landmarks seem to go to ground level rather than where you have set them (sigh). I finally figured out how to make a vendor that delivers a folder rather than a box. Yeah.

The rules are a bit different here as you might expect. Experience is helpful as long as you aren't to set in your ways. A nice fellow stopped by and explained the SIT phenomenon (see earlier post) and I will work on improving THAT little problem in the not too distant future.

In the meantime I appear to have the first active retail shop in Openlife. I like being first. I have been there big time before on the WWW, but no stories as some of you may actually be old enough to figure out who I am in real life and I like to keep that separate.

If my retail idea works -- that's great. If not, I am having a great time and that is the important thing.

PS. The foundation land in Alice is gone now -- at least until the first of the month when rents are due and people may leave. The land around me was apparently for sale and hasn't been transferred over yet, so the landscape will certainly change. It will be interesting to see how.

No comments: